Most Affordable, Fuel Efficient, And Car Seat Friendly 3-Row SUVs
Searching for the perfect 3-row family SUV that’s affordable, fuel-efficient, and car seat friendly? The Toyota Highlander Hybrid is at the top of its class for unbeatable mpg in the city, advanced technology, and roomy interior. It may come with a higher purchase price than competitors but its reliability and strong market value can offer long term savings. The entry-level Highlander Hybrid trim level is the LE starting around $36,670. If you are looking for a less expensive alternative check out the non-hybrid Highlander LE starting around $31,030 or LE Plus starting around $35,460. Competing third row SUVs with a more budget friendly starting price include the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas and 2018 Nissan Rogue.
Take advantage of 0% APR financing for 60 months, get pre-approved today!
Looking for the most fuel-efficient 3-row SUV?
The 2018 Toyota Highlander Hybrid is recognized for its outstanding fuel-efficiency, especially for city driving. It can get up to 30-MPG city and 28-MPG highway. The Highlander is a top-rated SUV in many categories. This 7 to 8-seat midsize SUV innovates a number of advanced safety features, an upscale cabin, standard AWD, unparalleled performance, power, and more. Choose from the available 2018 Highlander Hybrid trim levels:
- 2018 Toyota Highlander Hybrid LE
- 2018 Toyota Highlander Hybrid XLE
- 2018 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited
What are the differences between the 2018 Highlander Hybrid LE and Limited?
One of the most obvious differences between the 2018 Highlander Hybrid LE and Limited is the starting price. Both models are standard AWD with a powerful V6 3.5L ECVT Hybrid engine. The Hybrid LE offers standard features such as:
- Toyota Safety Sense
- 8-passenger seating
- Second and third row seating split 60/40
- Entune Audio with standard Bluetooth
- Safety features such as a backup camera with projected path
- 5 USB ports
- 18-in. split 5-spoke alloy wheels and black center caps
- Cloth interior
The Limited will cost you about $9,000 more. So is it worth the extra money? The Limited is equipped with more interior and exterior standard features. It also offers available options such as:
- LED daytime running lights and on/off feature
- Blind spot monitor safety feature
- 19-in. 5-spoke Chromtec alloy wheels and black center caps
- Height adjustable power liftgate with jam protection
- Chromtec roof rails
- Rear bumper chrome garnish
- Heated and ventilated perforated leather-trimmed seats
- Rear parking assist
- 3-zone automatic climate control
- More advanced backup camera with dynamic gridlines
- Premium JBL sound
The 2018 Highlander Hybrid Limited is also offered with a Platinum Package starting around $48,280. Jam packed with features this top-of-the-line model is differentiated by features such as:
- Panoramic moonroof
- 19-in. 5-spoke dark Chromtec alloy wheels and black center caps
- Rain sensing windshield wipers
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated second-row perforated leather outboard seats
- Bird’s Eye View Camera
- Puddle lights with Highlander projection
Save time and money, buy your new Toyota online now!
2018 Toyota Highlander VS. 2018 Volkswagen Atlas
Volkswagen’s newly released 2018 Atlas is earning praise for all it offers consumers.
It earned 10/10 points from a car seat survey conducted by Cars.com. Thanks to its spacious interior design it can easily accommodate multiple car seats. Models with a second-row bench seat can fit three car seats across with room to spare. The starting price of the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas is slightly less than the Highlander. The entry level S model is available starting around $30,750. The Highlanders higher starting price may reflect its more powerful performance and advanced features.
2018 Toyota Highlander VS. 2018 Nissan Rogue
If you are searching for a reliable and budget friendly 3-row SUV the competing 2018 Nissan Rogue may be a great option. Starting around $24,800 the S model doesn’t come standard with third row seating. Optional third row seating can be added with the Family Package for an additional $1,190 or so. The entry-level Rogue may offer less standard features, power, and space than the Highlander. A number of luxurious and advanced upgrades can be added to the Nissan Rogue for additional cost.
What Toyota SUVs are offered with third-row seating?
In addition to the 2018 Toyota Highlander Toyota’s 2018 lineup of 3-row SUVs includes…
- 2018 Toyota 4Runner starting around $34,210
- 2018 Toyota Sequoia starting around $45,560
- 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser starting around $84,775 (standard V8 with legendary off-road capability)
Visit your Kendall Toyota today to find the perfect family SUV for all of life’s adventures.