Toyota Cars and Lexus Cars Are Some of The Safest Cars on The Road
Toyota cars and Lexus cars are at the top of the list for 2017’s safest cars. Lexus is Toyota’s luxury vehicle division. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is known for awarding manufacturers in the categories of “crashworthiness” and “mitigation.” Vehicles ranking in the crashworthiness category are determined based on their performance in five tests.
– Moderate overlap front
– Small overlap front
– Roof strength
– Head restraints
Vehicles can be rated good, acceptable, marginal, or poor after the test have been performed. Toyota and Lexus are the most awarded manufacturer with fourteen vehicles winning IIHS awards. Twelve of fourteen vehicles received the highest award from the IIHS known as the Top Safety Pick+.
The 2017 Top Safety Pick or Top Safety Pick+ winners are:
– Toyota Avalon (models manufactured after March 2017 with the available safety headlights)
– Toyota Prius (models manufactured after August 2016)
– Toyota Corolla
– Toyota Prius Prime
– Toyota Prius V (models with the available safety headlights and front crash prevention)
– Toyota Camry (models with the available safety headlights and front crash prevention)
– Toyota Highlander
– Toyota RAV4 (models with the available safety headlights)
– Toyota Yaris iA
– Lexus CT200h (models with the available front crash prevention)
– Lexus RC (models with the available safety headlights and front crash prevention)
– Lexus NX (models with the available safety headlights and front crash prevention)
– Lexus RX (models with the available safety headlights)
– Lexus ES350 (models with the available safety headlights)
Toyota is dedicated to using its resources to produce the most innovative, reliable, and safe vehicles on the road. It is the drivers responsibility to perform preventative maintenance and be aware of the condition of their vehicle. Accidents can be caused by things such as worn tires, weak brakes, broken mirrors, sensors, and more. Even if you are driving one of the safest cars on the road, you should do all you can to prevent an accident.
If you are in the market for a new car you should check out the IIHS website. http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings
You can select almost any vehicles year and model to view its crash test results and safety ratings. Toyota and Lexus products offer advanced technology features, practical designs, and some of the top safety ratings. Toyota Avalons manufactured after March 2017 are receiving extra praise for their improved aim of the headlights. For the second year in a row the mid-size Toyota Avalon sedan is a Top Safety Pick.
Let Kendall Toyota help you drive one of the safest cars on the road today!